Coordinator Field Attachment
Anne holds an MA in Social Development and Management from Maseno University, BA in Social Work and Social Administration from Uganda Christian University.
Dr. Jeanne Mogusu
Jeanne Mogusu holds a doctoral degree in Urban and Regional Planning with an emphasis on Community Development and Housing from Jackson State University (USA); a Masters in Public Policy and Administration: Community and Economic Development from Jackson State University (USA), and a second Masters in Divinity from Andrews University (USA). A bachelor’s degree from Egerton University in Kenya. Dr. Mogusu’s current research interests are in Community and Economic Development, Sustainable Development, Gender and Development, and Leadership.
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Peter Gutwa Oino
Dr. OINO holds a PhD in Development Anthropology (Moi University0. Master of Arts degree in Sociology-(Community Development & Project Management) and Bachelor of Arts in Cultural Studies-(Anthropology-Major, Sociology Minor) from Moi University. In addition, he holds a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management (KNEC); a Diploma in Project Management- Kenya Institute of Management Studies-KIM; currently enrolled in a Master of Arts in Monitoring and Evaluation (Mt. Kenya University).
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Dr. Mildred Lumayo Fedha
Dr. Lumayo holds a Ph.D. in Gender and Development Studies (Kisii University, Kenya), a Master of Arts degree in Gender and Development Studies (Moi University, Kenya). She also holds another Masters’s degree in Human Resource Management (Kisii University) and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Community Psychology (Makerere University, Uganda). Dr. Lumayo has been involved in several internationally funded research projects.
E-Mail Address: Lumayomildred@kisiiuniversity.ac.ke
Assistant Lecturer, Project Planning, and Management: Sociology Department.
Research and Publications of the Department
- Oino, P. G (2019). Staff Leadership Development: Its Implication on Performance of HIV/AIDS Projects in Nakuru Town East Sub-county, Nakuru County, Kenya in International Journal of Research in Education and Social Sciences (IJRESS) ISSN: 2617-4804 2 (3) 49-60, (August 2019).
- Pambo, K O , RM Mbeche , J J Okello, G N Mose, and J N Kinyuru (2018) Intentions to consume foods from edible insects and the prospects for transforming the ubiquitous biomass into food. Agriculture and Human Values (2018) 35:885-898 DOI 10.1007/s10460-018-9881-5
- Clarkson, Graham, Chris Garforth, Peter Dorward, George Mose, Carlos Barahona, Francisco Areal, MacKenzie Dove (2018) Can the TV makeover format of edutainment lead to widespread changes in farmer behaviour Land Use Policy Volume 76, July 2018, Pages 338-351
- Mareri Lydia A., Julius Bosire, Dishon Kweya, and George Mose (2018) Priming and Framing Televised Crime News Determine Audience Perceptions of Crime Journal of African Interdisciplinary Studies (2) Volume 2, Number 5, May 2018
- Mareri, L.A., Bosire J., Kweya D.G., and Mose G.N. (2018). Influence of Televised Crime news on Audience Actions. Journal of African Interdisciplinary Studies. 2(9), 42-56.
- Andhoga W.O, Mose G N and Mavole J.N (2018) The Moderating Effect of Regulatory Framework on the Relationship between Technical Capacity and Effective Management of National Government Constituency Development Funded Projects in Kasipul Constituency, Homa Bay County, Kenya The International Journal Of Humanities & Social Studies Vol 6 Issue 7 July 2018
- Andhoga W.O, Mose G N and Mavole J.N (2018) Role of Political Influence on the Effective Management of National Government Scholars Journal of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Vol.6 (8) : 1706-1715
- Keta, Jacob Kida and George Mose (2017) Livelihood diversification among the fishing communities and its effectiveness in reducing vulnerability and poverty in Kenya: a case of fishing communities in the Mbita Sub-County African Economic and Development Journal Vol 1 (1) PP 26-36, 2017 http://onlinesciencejournals.com/index.php/aed/ind
- Andhoga W.O, Mavole J.N and Mose G N (2017) Influence of Devolved Financial Disbursement and Use on Poverty Alleviation Scholars Journal of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Vol.5 (11B): 1671-1680
- Mose, G.N, R.M. Mbeche, and J.M. Ateka (2016) Institutional Innovations for Smallholder Agricultural Production Systems in Kenya: A Case of Smallholder Tea Subsector. European Journal of Sustainable Development, 5, 3(2016), 461-475 ISSN: 2239-5938 Doi: 10.14207/ejsd.2016.v5n3p461
- Orayo J and Mose G N (2016) A Comparative Study on Contribution of Governance on Economic Growth- Countries in the East African Community International Journal of Regional Development Vol. 3, No. 2.
- Pambo, K O, RM Mbeche, J J Okello, J N Kinyuru And G N Mose (2016) Consumers’ Salient Beliefs Regarding Foods From Edible Insects In Kenya: A Qualitative Study Using Concepts From The Theory of Planned Behaviour. African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development Vol.16 No. 4
- Auya, Samuel, and Mogusu, Jeanne (2017). Influence of Gender and Worker Roles on Mental Health Among Urban Women in Kenya: A Case of Kawangware Slums in Kenya. Scholars Journal of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
- Fred Omweri Siambe, Jeanne Mogusu, Kennedy Onkware (2018). Influence of Bureaucratic Culture in the Delivery of Firefighting Services in Nyamira County, Kenya. International Journal of Social Relevance and Concern. Vol. 6 Issue 9.
- Okello, Elijah, Mogusu, Jeanne, Ph.D., and Ombachi, Nicolas, Ph.D. (2018). Effectiveness of Monitoring and Evaluation Systems on the Performance of County Government Projects in Lake Region Economic Bloc of Nyanza, Kenya. International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. Volume 7 Issue 3.
- Otieno, Onesimus, Ph.D., Ganu, Josephine, Ph.D., Mogusu, Jeanne, Ph.D., and Ganu, Daniel. DrPH. (2019). Tales of Coffee, Global Prosperity, and Local Poverty. Chapter in the forthcoming book: Rethinking Sustainable Development Goals in Africa: Emerging Trends and Issues.
- Mogusu, Jeanne (2019) Forced Displacement and Development in the Urban Environment: A Plea for Proactive and Integrated Policy. (Ongoing)
- Oino G. P. (2016). “Farmers Adaptive Capacity on Household Food-resource Handling Procedures and Food Security in Rural Western Kenya”, in Social and Institutional Innovations for Achieving Sustainable Food Security in Eastern and Southern Africa: Pg 171-206, OSSREA, Addis Ababa Ethiopia. (ISBN: 978-99944-55-87-4)
- Oino, P. (2012). Effectiveness of Community Home-Based Care: Evidence From People Living with HIV/AIDS in Ogembo Division-Gucha District, Kenya. LAP Publishing, Berlin Germany (ISBN: 978-3-659-29280-4).
- Oino, P., Sorre M. B. & Mugure, A. (2012). Social Organizational Structures among Street Families: Evidence from Eldoret Municipality, Kenya. LAP- Publishing, Berlin (ISBN: 978-3-659-25988-3).
- Kutwa, A & Oino, P. G. (2018). Dynamics and Encounters of Rural Youth Farming: Experiences and Lessons from Kabete Lari Sub-County, Kenya Africa International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research: 2 (3) 1-11
- Oino, P G, Kareithi, J & Sorre B. (2017). The Effects of Pre-harvest Practices on Food Loss in Gucha Sub-County, Kisii County, Kenya. IIARD –International Journal of Social Sciences and Management Research 3(8): 26-33. https://iiardpub.org/get/IJSSMR/VOL.%203%20NO.%208%202017/The%20Effects%20of%20Pre-harvest.pdf
- Oino, P G, Sorre B., & Kareithi, J. (2017).Household Maize Consumption Behavior and Food Loss in Gucha Sub-County, Kisii County, Kenya; IIARD –International Journal of Social Sciences and Management Research 3(8): 13 25.https://iiardpub.org/get/IJSSMR/VOL.%203%20NO.%208%202017/Household%20Maize%20Consumption. df
- Oino P. G., Victor M., Sorre, B. M. (2017). Contract Sugarcane Farming and Its Effect on Household Income among Smallholder Farmers in Busia County, Kenya: International Journal of Science and Research Methodology:-Ijsrm.Human, 7(4): 201-209.
- Kioli, F, N, Oino P. G, and Sussy G. (2014). Fallacious Sexuality Knowledge and Its Implications among the Akamba Adolescents in Machakos County, Kenya: Maseno University Journal (1): 68-81.
- Oino, G. P., Towett, G, Kirui, K. K. Luvega, C. (2015). The Dilemma in Sustainability of Community Based Projects in Kenya. Global Journal of Advanced Research. 2(4): 757-768.
- Oino, P. G, Auya, S, and Luvega, C. (2014). Women Groups: A Pathway to Rural Development in Nyamusi Division, Nyamira County, Kenya. International Journal of Innovation and Scientific Research: 7(2): 111-120
- Oino P. G., Towett G. & Kioli F. N. (2014). Patterns and Dynamics of Psychoactive Substance Use among Street Children in Eldoret Municipality, Kenya. International Journal of Innovation and Scientific Research 7(2): 163-170.
- Oino, P. G. & Kioli, F. N. (2014). Ethnicity and Social Inequality: A Source of Under-Development in Kenya. International Journal of Science and Research 3(4): 723-729.
- Sorre, B. & Oino, P. (2013). Family-based Factors Leading to Street Children Phenomenon in Kenya. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), ISSN: 2319-7064 Vol. 2(3):148 155.
- Oino, P. Sorre, B. & Bor, E. K. (2013). Influence of Social Organization among Street Children on Their Survival on the streets. International Journal of Science and Research. Vol. 2(7): 202-208.
- Oino, P. & Sorre, B. (2013).The Danger of HIV/AIDS Prevalence among Street Children on the Public in Kenya: Experiences from Eldoret Municipality. International Journal of Science and Research. Vol. 2(3):159-164.
- Lumayo M.F and Omar E. (2018) Level of Men Involvement in Family Planning Practises and Implementation in Kakamega County, Kenya. International Journal of Humanities and Social Studies Volume 6, issue 8, August 2018 (ISSN 2321-9203).
- Lumayo M.F, Nyamwange C. and Ndaita J. (2018) The Influence of Attitude towards Men’s Participation in Family Planning Practices in Kakamega County, Kenya. International Journal of Humanities and Social Studies Volume 6, issue 5, May 2018 (ISSN 2321-9203).
- Lumayo M.F. (2017). The future of orphans and vulnerable children: An interrogation of community-based child protection mechanisms in Eldoret Uasin Gishu county, Kenya. International Journal of Advanced Scientific Research & Development volume 4, issue 5 version 1 May 2017(ISSN2395-6089).
- Malonza R., Lumayo M, (2015). An Assessment of Gender and Energy in Kenya: The Underlying Issues.International journal of scientific & technology research volume 4, issue 09, September 2015 (ISSN 2277-8616).
- Lumayo M.F, Oino P. G, and Gatobu, C, K, (2015). The Implication of Men’s Rural-Urban Migration on Household Decision Making in Soy Sub-County, Kenya. International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research volume4 issue 06 June 2015 (ISSN 2277-8617).
- Kirioba Moseh (2012). Student Deviance in Secondary Schools in Kenya: Understanding Student Violence. LAP – Lambert Academic Publishing (ISBN-13: 978-3-8454-3098-0, ISBN-10: 3845430982, EAN: 9783845430980) https://www.lap-publishing.com. (Published).
- Kirioba Moseh (2012). The Secondary School Social Environment and Student Violence in Kenya. In Elixir International Journal (ISSN 2229-712X) at http://www.elixirpublishers.com. (Publication Reference: Elixir Soc. Sci. 46 (2012) 8100-8104).