Dr. Mamboleo has a Ph.D. in Disaster Management. His areas of academic interest are Human Geography and Disaster Management. He is the Coordinator, Curriculum Development, and Review.
Ms. Florence Kemoni
Ms. Florence holds an MA in Geography. Her main teaching interests are Physical and Human Geography. She is currently a Ph.D. student, in the Department of Geography at Kisii University. She is the Team Leader: Field Trips and Industrial Attachment.
Mr. Peter M. Nyangacha
Mr. Nyangacha holds an MA in Environmental Assessment. His main teaching and research areas are remote sensing, geographic information systems, climatology, applied hydrology, and environmental impact studies. He is currently a Ph.D. student in the Department of Geography at Kisii University and the Team Leader: Teaching & Examination Timetables and Harmonization of Course Unit Allocation Lists.
Ms. Norah M. Nyaiyo
Ms. Norah holds an MA in Geography. Her areas of academic interest are Physical and Human Geography. She is a PhD student in the Department of Geography at Kisii University. She is the Team Leader: Examinations.
Dr. Romborah Simuyu – Coordinator: Postgraduate studies in the Department
Dr. Romborah has taught at Kisii University for over 4 years. Areas of academic interest are Economic Geography, Political Geography, and Research Methods in Geography.
Calendar of Events
- The Departmental postgraduate defense meetings every first Tuesday of the month.
- Field trips for students every semester.
Photos from sites visited during the field trips in 2018 and 2019
Fourth-year students when at Lake Bogoria for an academic field trip in April 2019
2nd and 3rd-year students at Mombasa’s Likoni ferry bridge to learn about transport logistics, 2016
- Nyantika, D, Mamboleo D, Nyaiyo N (2019) Abagusii weather forecast and food preservation strategies
- Nyantika, D, Mamboleo D, Nyaiyo N (2019) An Investigation of Factors other than Climate Variables that Influences the Outbreak and Spread of Newcastle Disease” (2019)
- Nyantika, D, Mamboleo D (2018) Influence of type of farm input Subsidies on maize production in Trans Nzoia West Sub County